So here it is. As close to a Top Chef Challenge as I’ll ever get. I got the idea after reading a couple of bloggers who have been cooking the Top Chef recipes. And since I am obsessed with TC, I found a way to play too.
The basic idea is this:
- You must be a foodie blogger to participate
- It is a monthly challenge–one entry per month
- Submit a dish incorporating 3 pre-set ingredients–generally 1 uncommon, 1 spice and 1 wild card (doesn’t matter if you follow, tweak or create your own recipe)
- The ingredients will be revealed by the 5th each month
- All recipes must be submitted by the 20th of the month
- One recipe will be randomly selected as the TCIY Recipe of the Month
- Winning recipe will be announced on the 25th of the month on this blog
- Blogger with the winning entry will receive a special widget to display on their site (working on that)
- Winning blogger will choose 5 other entries they liked and will link them on their winning post
How does that sound? Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions, my email is a.y.cousins at att dot net. For those of you who have said you were interested in participating in this challenge, please leave a comment on this post and I will start the blogroll. If you just happened by and are interested in participating, leave a comment below and I’ll add you too!
Still with me? Go on, cook and blog!
TO SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE:
- Post the recipe on your blog by the 20th of the month
- Email me 1 picture with a brief description of the dish and the link to the recipe. I must receive your email by the 20th in order to participate on that month’s challenge. (a.y.cousins @ att.net)
JANUARY CHALLENGE: INTRODUCTIONS!
Deadline: January 20th – see the entries here.
Prepare and blog a dish that’s all about you. There will be no ingredient restrictions for this round. Whether it is the dish you cook when you want to impress friends, or your foolproof favorite, the one that reminds you of your childhood or the one you put together when you need some comfort. It doesn’t matter. You decide what goes into this one, just tell us why you chose that one, that will be your intro to the challenge.
Brad at EatnListen
Jan at BraiseBoilBake
Thas at Cooking with Thas
Jenn at Sweet Water
Christine at Vancouver Food & Wine Review
Glennis at Can’t Believe We Ate
Casey at Eating, Gardening & Living in Bulgaria
AND THE WINNER IS… CASEY’S CREME BRULEE!! Congratulations, Casey! Follow the link for her acceptance speech.
February’s winner was Casey’s Date & Ginger Couscous Pudding