I hate it when I have to start a post with an apology, but I have to. See, I”ve been a bad blogger. I received an award months ago, (ok, a month ago but exaggeration is my strong suit) and I never thanked the award giver nor did I pay it forward. Until now.
I received the Versatile Blogger award from Thella over at I love, therefore I cook and I was incredibly excited about it. Unfortunately, it came at dicey time, but, ALAS! I’m woman hear me roar and all that good stuff.
- Thank the nominator. Thank you Thella!
- Tell you 7 things about myself.
- Pass it on to bloggers I recently discovered and love.
7 things about me you wish you didn’t have to read about:
- I am hungry even as I type this post .
- I don’t get cold soups. What? Soups are supposed to be served hot!
- I love offal. Not all offal, but a lot of offal.
- I’m depressed by the thought that I won’t be able to take my DVR with me to the proverbial desserted island…, will there be electricity?
- When I eat something really good, I can’t wait to try making it at home.
- I’m a big dog lover. Anything under 45lbs isn’t a real dog, just a doggy sample.
- I am cooking show obssessed. Big surprise!
And for the last piece of bitness. Bloggers! In no particular order…
I found this one through Foodbuzz. She was in the Peace Corps and one of her assignments had been Panama. I was thrilled when I found another blogger documenting Panamanian food. Check out Foy Update.
The Joyous Bon Vivant – Norah had me at homemade chorizo.
Katie O, Katie. I’ve been following her around for almost a year now. I think she was my first blog crush, but she has recently refocused her You Are What You Eat or Reheat blog and I’m loving every minute of it. Plus, she has several obssessions that speak to me.
Monet from Anecdotes & Apples is a student working towards her dream of opening a bakery with her sis. She also looks like that French actress…
Chuck is a real life chef offering up great tips & food at Pittsburgh Hot Plate.
Joy at Joylicious lives in Dallas and is a fantastic photographer and puts out some amazing food!
Stephanie at Copycat is a fellow Houston dweller obssessed with figuring out what your fave restaurant dishes are all about.
Jorge is the brains behind Hispanic Kitchen, a site dedicated to all things Latin. Ay Bendito!
Cindy at Life in a Recipe is cooking up a storm somewhere in Canada.
Joan has taken her blog Foodalogue on tours around the world. I love her no fuzz approach to cooking.
I don’t know this girl’s name, but she sometimes refers to herself as She Who is Doomed. I think that’s enough info for you to understand my fascination with her blog, Living Dilbert.
There! I did it! I hope you’ll take some time to check out these amazing blogs, I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy them as much as I do.