The introductory round was such fun, we’re doing it again. What can you come up with using these ingredients?
GINJAH! (can you tell I was using my Top Chef Chairman pizzaz with that one?)
Here’s the deal,
- You must be a foodie blogger to participate
- It is a monthly challenge–one entry per month
- Submit a dish incorporating 3 pre-set ingredients–doesn’t matter if you follow, tweak or create your own recipe. You aren’t restricted to these ingredients, add at will
- All recipes must be submitted by the 20th of the month
- One recipe will be voted as the TCIY Recipe of the Month
- Winning recipe will be announced and featured on the 25th of the month on this blog
- Blogger with the winning entry will receive a special widget to display on their site
- Winning blogger will choose 3 other entries they liked and will link them on their winning post
Who’s in? I’ll tell you
And here they are, the entries for this month’s challenge.
Michelle, dazzled us and her daughter with a sweet recipe: Fruit and Nut Couscous. She also offers up some tips to make this a wallet-friendly snack.
Christine meant serious business when she put this meal together. Her Braised Lamb with Zalouk and Couscous looks divine. I guess that’s appropriate since this is a meal served at dinner parties in a ceremony style entrance that elicits ooohs and aaaahs from the guests.
As for me, dates and couscous were unfamiliar territory. This was the 3rd time I’d eaten couscous and knew I need to do something to help me through its texture. I came up with Couscous Fritters with Date and Ginger Sauce. Hubby and I loved it!
Casey came through with another dessert, this one inspired by Moroccan flavors. Her version of Date & Ginger Couscous Pudding sounds awesome and it doesn’t get in the way of her LCD diet.